Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A little something for mama!

Yes you read that right, I actually set aside some time to sew for myself!

I was lucky enough to test out Jocole's yoga skirt, it comes in 5 or so different lengths... I will be making a maxi very soon. This pattern takes striped fabric and shows you how to line it up to make chevrons, cool, huh? I made a trip to Jo-Anns and could only find a few knit striped fabrics, so I chose a smaller print blue, silver and white. It took me about 20 minutes to cut out, and would have only taken me about 20 minutes to sew if I hadn't used a ribbed knit for the waistband.... I didn't realize how much stretch those had, and they were completely falling off. So I seam ripped and made a new waistband out of the striped knit. Much better!

I suggest this skirt for any ladies to try out. It would be a great beginner pattern, can be done in knits or solids. And because its knit, you don't have to serge the raw edges. You can sew and go!



These pictures crack me up, P-bear was playing photographer and had a blast posing me. I guess turnabout is fair play though!


If you're going to do a chevron you HAVE to make sure they match up. Seriously, go get the Jocole pattern! It's TDF!


It was absolutely necessary that I have flowers for my pictures, apparently!


P demanded a "fun" picture.... this is what I get for making her run and jump around I suppose ;n)  But it actually turned out pretty cool with the light coming up over the shed!

2 comments:

  1. I remember home ec and having to match stripes and plaids. Very good job. Skirt looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Helen! Sorry for the late reply, apparently I don't get notifications on my blog!

      I did another one that I like even better!!! I'll have to post pictures tomorrow. I'm planning on wearing it to town :)

      Delete