Thursday, October 9, 2014

Gearing up for Tuesday's sew along!

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all doing well heading into this Halloween season. I'm up to my ears in orders, which will be a great way for me to take pictures and explain each step in more detail. First things first, I wanted to talk about material. The reason I haven't included fabric requirements in my pattern (yet) is because I will need to do it for both 60" bolts and 44" bolts.

I prefer to use gabardine for my cloaks because it has a great weight to it. You can also use cotton, but it will be a little bit see-through, especially when light hits it, and it won't be drawn to the ground as much because it hasn't got the same weight to it. I would also recommend suitings or wool blends unless your child has sensitive skin.

A quick materials list for Tuesday:
- Material (I'll get the fabric requirements posted on Sunday)
- Measuring tape
- Straight pins
- Seam ripper
- Sewing machine
- Universal needle
- Matching thread
- PDF pattern, printed out and taped together
- Scissors (one for your paper and one for your fabric)
 - Optional: bias tape (in the tutorial I'll be using a bias strip of the material)

Recommended:
- Cup of coffee
- Camera (in case you get stuck, or want to show off your cloak when you're finished)

No comments:

Post a Comment